1. Tell us a little about yourself.. (Age, Family, Job, Sports, Interests, ETC.) *
I am currently a senior at the University of Akron studying Financial Management . I just turned 23 years old in August. Outside of CrossFit, I participate in the UA Investment Club and Financial Planning Student Association. For work, I help my buddy James with his online business selling books on Amazon. My interests include boating, motorcycling & reading books about finance and investments.
2. When did you become a member at APC? *
May 9th, 2018
3. What made you join CrossFit? *
I wanted to lose weight and get into better shape. I asked Luke Smith where he thought I should start and he recommended CrossFit at APC!
4. What is your proudest CrossFit moment /achievement (PR, WOD, LIFT, ETC.)? *
My proudest moment is when I PR’d my deadlift at 365#
5. What is you favorite/least favorite WOD? *
My favorite WODs are anything with box jumps or rope climbs and the least favorite is Kelly. Pain, so much pain.
6. What are your short/long term goals? *
My short term goal is to be as consistent with getting to the gym this semester as possible while still maintaining all other obligations. Long term would be to get my back squat and deadlift over 400 #’s.
7. What is something we might not know about you? *
I love working on anything mechanical. I’ve rebuilt a couple of motorcycle engines for my own bike for fun and like to help my friends with their bikes as well.
8. What advice would you give to a newbie just joining CrossFit? *
Get with Amber and figure out a good dieting plan. That was one of the key parts to my success so far in CrossFit. Also, be consistent and get used to being sore!
Congrats Joe! I am certain you are destined to get better and better. You are the exact type of athlete we are looking for. You are a hard worker, you are patient, you are coachable and you are friendly/supportive of those around you. Keep up the good work! -Seth